Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yeba!

.:Party! Magic! Yeba!:.

Last Sunday was a really interesting day for me, as I had a walkaround gig for sir Freddie of Neutral Grounds, where things went pretty well for the most part. It was a children's party, but the tables I went around were mainly the adult tables, since I didn't want to encroach on Wan Lu's performance, who was both host and stage magician.

In any case, it was fun doing my magic again after a long stretch of nothing but mentalism. Sure, I definitely had lots and lots of mentalism mixed in during my table-hopping, but once you whip out the sponge balls, you just know it's going to be more magic than mentalism, and that's just fine. I definitely have to extend my gratitude to TSC because some of the guys like Mike and Anthony really helped me learn a sponge ball routine in just one day.

It was awesome, to say the least, and I can't wait to get some practice in for my next booking, which is another children's party. It'll be the first stage show I'm doing for children in a bit, so I really want a new routine to accompany that.

Sir Freddie was pretty pleased with the results of my walkaround. The guests were especially amazed by Liquid Metal, and it was exceptionally amusing to find out that the mom of one of the people I performed for in ToyCon was actually the balloon lady at the party. It was really amusing because it was testament that it's a really small world after all.

It was even more fun when I demonstrated sponge balls to my magic class as well. Doubly so when I ended up doing “Over The Head” for them, and they were howling at the part where I made the volunteer's cellphone disappear right under her nose.

You had to be there to believe it.

No comments: